In this blog, you will get to know about Sarah Taylor Husband. Her coaching career and records will also be disclosed.
Sarah Taylor Biography
Sarah Taylor, whose full name is Sarah Jane Taylor an English cricket player and coach, was born on May 20, 1989. Between 2006 and her international cricket retirement in 2019 owing to an anxiety disorder, she played for England in 10 Test matches, 126 One Day Internationals, and 90 Twenty20 Internationals. Taylor became the first woman to play in all three international cricket formats in the quickest time possible, nine days against India in 2006.
With Sussex, Lancashire Thunder, Surrey Stars, Northern Diamonds, Welsh Fire, Wellington, South Australia, and Adelaide Strikers, she has participated in domestic cricket. In Test cricket, she bats in the middle order, while in games with fewer than 50 overs, she opens the batting. She is also a wicketkeeper. Her smooth stroke play has earned her widespread acclaim.
|Full Name||Sarah Jane Taylor|
|Profession||English Women Cricketer|
|Date Of Birth||20 May 1989|
|Birthplace||Whitechapel, London, England|
|Batting Style||Right-hand Bat|
|International Debut||Test: 8 August 2006 Vs India Women in Leicester
ODI: 14 August 2006 Vs India Women in Lord’s
T20: 5 August 2006 Vs India Women in Derby
|Hobbies||Listening to music, Swimming|
|Height||5 feet 7 inches|
|Eye Color||Hazel Blue|
Sarah Taylor Coaching Career
Taylor hinted at perhaps ending her retirement in a January 2021 interview with ESPNcricinfo. She stated that she was prepared to use her cricket bag and that she had it at school, but she also stated that she “[wasn’t] saying yes, [wasn’t] saying no.”
Sarah Taylor made history on March 15, 2021, when she was hired as Sussex’s wicketkeeping coach, becoming the first female specialized coach for a senior English men’s county side. Taylor’s return to the stage was officially announced in April 2021 after Welsh Fire signed her for the 2021 season of The Hundred. She participated in the 2021 Women’s Twenty20 Cup for Sussex and played for Northern Diamonds as a replacement player due to an injury. Taylor joined Team Abu Dhabi in October 2021 as an assistant coach alongside Paul Farbrace and Lance Klusener.
She had not yet ruled out returning to playing when it was revealed in February 2022 that she had been hired as the assistant coach at Manchester Originals for the upcoming season of The Hundred, working with both the men’s and women’s sides.
Records Of Sarah Taylor
- In August 2008, Sarah scored 129 against South Africa, becoming the best run-for-wicket partnership in women’s ODI with Caroline Atkins.
- After scoring 75 runs in a 10-wicket victory in September 2008, she became the fastest female cricketer to 1000 ODI runs.
- She established the biggest mark for the second wicket partnership in the 2017 ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup after putting together 275 with Tamsin Beaumont.
Accomplishments Of Sarah Taylor
- Surpassed Enid Bakewell’s 118 from 1973 as the best individual score by an Englishwoman against Australia by scoring 120 at a run-a-ball in the second One-Day International played at Chelmsford.
- With a first-wicket partnership of 268 against South Africa at the Lords on August 8, 2008, Taylor set a new mark for the highest stand in women’s ODI cricket. 129 runs were scored by her in that game.
- became the first female cricketer to score 1000 runs in an ODI at the age of 19, striking 75 not out against India in Taunton on September 1st, 2008.
- won the “ICC ODI Cricketer of the Year” award in 2014 and the T20 “Women’s Cricketer of the Year” award in 2013.
- The 2014 ICC ODI Cricketer of the Year.
- At the Brington and Hove County Cricket Stadium in Hove, she was the first woman to be admitted into the Legends Lane.
- She was also the first Australian woman to play men’s grade cricket. In the top men’s league of South Australia, she played as the wicketkeeper for Northern Districts against Port Adelaide at Salisbury Oval.
Sarah Taylor Husband
We have discussed about Sarah Taylor along with her biography, records, coaching career, and accomplishments. Now we will know about Sarah Taylor Husband. She doesn’t have a husband. Sarah Taylor is a member of the LGBT community and is engaged in a relationship with Diana. One of the all-time greats of women’s cricket, Sarah Taylor, shared images of herself and her girlfriend, Diana Main, and a sonogram of their unborn child on social media to announce that they are expecting a child.
Taylor tweeted to her almost one million followers across her social media sites, “Becoming a mommy has always been my partner’s ambition. Although the road hasn’t always been smooth, Diana has never given up. I am thrilled to be a part of it since I know she will make the best mother.